Friday, October 28, 2011

Loving People

After my second meeting today where the common theme is frustration with people I am realizing that we need a bit of perspective on how to truly love people in a practical way on a daily basis, even as christians, we are most of the times the worst at this.  We also need a way to tell whether or not we are truly acting in love, Jesus said in John 13:35:


"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you LOVE one another..."

Jesus did not say the world will know you are my disciples because you are busy doing good, or at church every week, or you know a lot about the Bible.....can I just say none of that matters to the world.  What they need to see is love.  The question now becomes how do I know if I am loving people?

These are the things that love is according to 1 Corinthians chapter 13:

It is:  patient, kind, it is not jealous, it does not brag, it is not prideful, it does not dishonor others, it is not selfish, it is not easily angered, it does not keep a record of wrongs, love does not take joy in evil but rejoices in the truth, it ALWAYS protects, always hopes, never let's go.

We who say we know Christ need to be intentional I think with at least the first one.  Love is patient.  You want to honor God?  Don't focus this week on trying to look good to others, be patient with them, then you know you are drawing closer to Jesus.



No comments: