Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Morning of March 6th, 2012 "The Power of Agreement"

Michael Hiett (a member of our launch team for Church at Hampton Roads) and I have just make the 22 hour drive to Chesapeake.  We did this in order to look at lease locations for the church plant, meet with contacts and encourage the rest of the launch team that has already moved out here as of a couple of weeks ago.


I woke up this morning and was reading through Hebrews and was encouraged by the following thought in chapter 10 verses 35 and 36.  It says, 


"Do NOT throw away your confidence, which has great reward.  For you need endurance, so that after you have done God's will, you may receive what was promised."


I love the first words of this verse!  DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR CONFIDENCE!!!!!


Our confidence will wane when


        1)  our perspective of who God is becomes lost 
        2)  we loose sight of what He has said or has spoken to us


Today if you are reading this and have had your confidence stolen I want you to get angry!  Not at God but at the Devil because he has sucked the life out of you through his lies.  Satan has NO power over us, all he can do is LIE and then we are the ones that make that lie powerful by AGREEING with him!


Today you and I need to make a choice, to agree with God and what He has said.  Agreement is where the power lies.  Either to hold us in bondage or to enable us to overcome through faith.  It is not the lie or the Devil that has power, it is when we hear the lie and say, "Yea, that is true, I will never be any different....."  


You and I CAN access the power of God by refusing to believe the lies (which in order to do we MUST know the word of God....our Bible) and agree with God and His words which is faith and then and only then will we walk in more peace and in more power than we ever have before. Faith is believing God.  Hebrew's 11:6 says, "Without faith it is impossible to please God."  He so earnestly desires us to know him and TRUST Him!  And it is through faith that God works on our behalf.


Today let's watch out and be vigilant in regards to who we are and who we are agreeing with. Let us definitely take note of what God is saying today,


"DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR CONFIDENCE."


Jesus, today I commit to remind myself of Your nature, Your character and Your word.  Thank You for reminding me today not to throw away my confidence.  You are the Creator of ALL I see, touch, taste and smell.  The earth is Yours and EVERYTHING in it.  I.  Will not.  Doubt You.
  
Joel
        

No comments: