Friday, June 8, 2012

Peace?

I sit here reflecting on the last year and a half as it has been a long and crazy transition from being a worship pastor at Keypoint Church to a church planter in Hampton Roads Virginia.  Here we are, 15 weeks out from our launch Sunday and EVERYTHING about this time is FLYING by!


Before you know it we will be a year old as a church!  But there is so much serenity and peace in my spirit.  Where does my comfort come from?  John 14 verse 27:


"Peace I leave with you, MY PEACE I GIVE YOU, I do NOT give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and DO NOT BE AFRAID."


You see, when the world gives they want it back and they want it back as soon as possible.  They do not want you holding on to what is theirs. A bank will give you a loan but you have to turn around and give it back to them.  Not only that but you have to give them more than what they let you use.  You can not hold on to it as if it were yours.  


Jesus on the other hand gives freely.  You can set your hope, faith and your confidence in the fact that He will NEVER take away from you what He has given.  It has no strings, He is not manipulating you and He has your best interest at heart.  He is the Creator of everything, everything IS under His control, the big story of history is His Story of love for His creation.  


Today if you will trust Him with your life and future you will find peace beyond ANYTHING you could ever know.  He, Jesus, IS the Prince of Peace.  His giving is NOT like this worlds giving.  When He gives, you truly receive.  And what you have received from Him, He has given you freely.  


That is why I love Jesus.  That is why my life is consumed with passion for His Name and for His Church.  And why most of all I can not help but give my life for those that do not know Him yet.  They have got to know the Good News!  Share Jesus with someone today......share the peace that passes ALL understanding.




Joel



No comments: